Why have a Health & Safety Policy ?
It is well recognized that companies with successful Health & Safety records have well documented, comprehensive and above all, effective Health & Safety policies and procedures. As well as documenting performance standards, policies are fundamental in assigning responsibilities for and defining how Health & Safety is implemented in an organisation.
From a legal point of view, the Health and Safety at Work Act requires that all employers must have a Health & Safety policy, and that employers with 5 or more employees must have a written statement of their policy.
What is a Health & Safety Policy ?
A Health & Safety Policy lay down the overall intentions of a company with regard to health and safety, and how it intends to make it part of its overall business aims and plans. It shows staff and customers that hazards have been identified, risks assessed and that those risks have been removed or controlled.
What can Smith Safety Solutions do for you ?
- Review your current policy and procedures against legal standards and industry best practice.
- Design a policy tailored to your company and business that meets your legal requirements.
- Develop an implementation and training package for your managers and staff.
- Carry out an annual review and revision so your policies are up to date with current standards adn practices.
What are the benefits ?
- A clear statement of your standards.
- Identification of who is responsible for what.
- Assurance and peace of mind that you meet your statutory duties.
- A tailored solution relevant to your company and business needs.