Why do Safety Audits ?
Good Health & Safety management involves the identification of hazards, quantifying and prioritising risks before control measures are implemented to eliminate or reduce those risks. Once systems have been implemented it is essential to ensure that those controls are being effectively implemented.
The way to do this is to go out into the workplace and look at what is happening in practice, whether the controls are being implemented and whether or not they are effective. The information obtained from such monitoring can then be used to manage health and safety risks and drive continual improvement.
What is a Safety Audit ?
An audit is a critical examination of a process or a procedure. When carrying out an audit, all elements of the management system are considered, including policy, organisation, implementation and measuring performance.
An audit aims to identify issues within the management system that may present a safety risk. By identifying management issues and failings then generally root causes are revealed.
What can Smith Safety Solutions do for you ?
- A comprehensive and systematic examination of your overall management system or specific procedures or operations.
- Site visits to gather information and review documentation.
- Interviews with key personnel, including line managers and shop floor staff.
- In addition we can provide a number of alternative inspection formats, including workplace inspections, activity specific surveys and general housekeeping inspections.
What are the benefits ?
- An independent and unbiased assessment of status and performance.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of the management system.
- comprehensive report with prioritised recommendations, helping you target the most important issues first.
- Helps prevent accidents and occupational ill health.