Why do Incident Investigations ?
Very few accidents occur spontaneously. In the majority of cases the actual incident that causes the accident is the culmination of a series of underlying events and failings, often starting with a failure of management control. By investigating accidents thoroughly these root causes can be identified and measures put in place to prevent recurrence.
What is an Incident Investigation ?
A thorough examination of the events and circumstances leading up to and including the incident and its consequences to establish the facts and identifying the immediate and underlying root causes.
What can Smith Safety Solutions do for you ?
- Carry out an independent and impartial accident investigation focused on causes not blame.
- Provide a detailed report of findings with corrective actions and recommendations.
What are the benefits ?
- Identification of the underlying root causes of the incident.
- Recommended corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Compliance with legal requirements.